2 Cups self-rising flour
1 Cup sugar
2 Tablespoons vanilla
12 Tablespoons butter
4 Tablespoons cocoa + 1/2 cup cocoa (kept separate)
1 Cup milk
2-1/2 Cups brown sugar
3 Cups Hot Water
- Preheat Over 350 degrees.
- In 9 x 13 baking dish melt all butter.
- In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons vanilla, and 4 tablespoons cocoa.
- Stir In 1 cup milk until smooth.
- Pour into 9 x 13 baking pan on top of the melted butter.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining cocoa - sprinkle over the batter.
- Now you are ready to pour the 3 cups of hot water over the top. DO NOT STIR!
- Bake in pre-heated over 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.